*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:45:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Poll

Who do you want for the next President of the U.S.A.?

Barack Obama
- 9 (50%)
Mitt Romney
- 9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Election 2012  (Read 28201 times)

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
Re: Election 2012
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 02:42:46 PM »

Looks legit

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PICTURES I HAVE SEEN ON HERE IN A LONG TIME, BRAVO YOU SON OF A BITCH, BRAVO.
  I fucking agree!!!!  It almost made me want to join again, but then I realized that Head Hunter isn't a part of Mafia so now I don't want to.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 11:26:10 PM »

To counter Romney's 47% claim during his recent speech. Big picture perspective is provided.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/09/19/heres-why-the-47-percent-argument-is-an-abuse-of-tax-data/
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »

To counter Romney's 47% claim during his recent speech. Big picture perspective is provided.

Romney has since backtracked on that statement: 
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/04/romney-on-47-comments-i-was-completely-wrong/?hpt=hp_t2

Also, after Round 1 of debates, the score is:  Romney 1, Obama 0.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »

Even your own man says smart people don't vote for Republicans. I guess all those dirty liberals with college degrees aren't the lowest people in this country after all. It's no wonder that the 10 poorest states in the country are all Republican.

College students, like you, vote for Obama because he keeps your tuition costs down.

Unless you have a better reason, which I'm sure we would all LOVE to hear.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »

After Round 2 of debates, the score is:  Obama 1, Romney 1.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »

Biden 1, Ryan 0

So does the VP score get added to the Pres score?

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »

So does the VP score get added to the Pres score?

No, the VP doesn't count.  If people actually voted for the vice president too, then Obama/Biden would have won the 2008 election 49 states to 1 (Alaska).

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »

College students, like you, vote for Obama because he keeps your tuition costs down.

Unless you have a better reason, which I'm sure we would all LOVE to hear.

I'm a college student who's balls deep in dept, so yes that's one of the reasons I'm voting for obama. Shouldn't keeping higher education costs down be an objective of anyone running for president? There are other reasons too...

-Romney wants to cut funding for public broadcasting (which costs $1.35 per taxpayer, per year)
-drill for oil in the Arctic Wildlife National Refuge
-increase coal production
-his running mate Ryan proposed a budget cutting $170 BILLION in Pell Grants (goodbye educational opportunities for the poor)
-against gay marriage
-against abortion unless involving incest, rape, or harm to the mother (it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, it’s the fact that the establishment may govern that choice, which is unconstitution al)
-wants to repeal Obamacare (I finally have health insurance now, which I had been without since I was booted off my parents policy when I turned 21)
-wants to build a fucking fence over 2,000 miles of border shared with mexico (costly, time consuming, and unenforceable)
-increase military spending, even though we're drawing down and pulling out of a decade long war (we need to bring Bonehead's war buddies home, not build more fucking bombers and invade iran next)
-flip-flops his positions more than any flip-flopper in the history of flip-flopping. Republicans usually hate that shit, but since he's the only candidate they have, they've been ignoring his permanently changing positions and unending contradictions .

and...he's unrelatable as fuck. $20 million dollars made just last year. This isn't someone who lives, acts, or represents a lifestyle that anyone here has experienced or can understand. This month I had to tally up how much money I could spend on groceries each week and still afford to pay for rent at the end of the month. Romney is someone who had to sell off some of his stock options during college in order to pay for it when the economy took a shit. Can anyone here relate to that?

But hey, if everything in that short list I included is something you are totally down to support, then by all means vote for Romney. Actually, don't.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »

-Romney wants to cut funding for public broadcasting (which costs $1.35 per taxpayer, per year)

Honest question, why is this one is important? Is it because he wants to cut funding for something that is so cheap to taxpayers?

Maybe it's because I don't use my tv for anything other than Netflix/LIVE that I am unaware of this matter.

Or because I'm an ignorant moron. Either one. Probably both.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »

Honest question, why is this one is important? Is it because he wants to cut funding for something that is so cheap to taxpayers?

Because Republicans tend to attack things that undermine or question their positions. Democrats do it also but they are less forceful since most Democratic politicians are too pussy to be strong. If Republicans don't like something, it's almost always guaranteed that you'll hear about it.

PBS, NPR, etc, are pretty reliable places to get information from. Since they are public organizations, they generally don't have their own political agendas to carry out (for the most part). News corporations like Fox, MSNBC, CNN are all trying to make money while "selling" a product. It doesn't matter how they sell it or what they say as long as they get their money. Even though you might think Fox is right wing and MSNBC left wing and CNN centrist, it's really not like that. All of the stations are more right-leaning because right wing policies tend to make them more money (lower taxes and such).

While PBS and NPR usually point out bullshit from both sides, often there's more to point out coming from the right-wing. This is seen as an attack on their business model and they feel that it must be eliminated. The truth obstructs their propaganda and that's a big no-no for their executives who are trying to make the most money they can. The more people that buy into their idea through propaganda, the more money they make.

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »

I'm a college student who's balls deep in dept, so yes that's one of the reasons I'm voting for obama. Shouldn't keeping higher education costs down be an objective of anyone running for president? There are other reasons too...

-drill for oil in the Arctic Wildlife National Refuge
-increase coal production
-his running mate Ryan proposed a budget cutting $170 BILLION in Pell Grants (goodbye educational opportunities for the poor)
-against gay marriage
-against abortion unless involving incest, rape, or harm to the mother (it doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are, it’s the fact that the establishment may govern that choice, which is unconstitution al)
-wants to repeal Obamacare (I finally have health insurance now, which I had been without since I was booted off my parents policy when I turned 21)
-wants to build a fucking fence over 2,000 miles of border shared with mexico (costly, time consuming, and unenforceable)
-increase military spending, even though we're drawing down and pulling out of a decade long war (we need to bring Bonehead's war buddies home, not build more fucking bombers and invade iran next)
-flip-flops his positions more than any flip-flopper in the history of flip-flopping. Republicans usually hate that shit, but since he's the only candidate they have, they've been ignoring his permanently changing positions and unending contradictions .

and...he's unrelatable as fuck. $20 million dollars made just last year. This isn't someone who lives, acts, or represents a lifestyle that anyone here has experienced or can understand. This month I had to tally up how much money I could spend on groceries each week and still afford to pay for rent at the end of the month. Romney is someone who had to sell off some of his stock options during college in order to pay for it when the economy took a shit. Can anyone here relate to that?

But hey, if everything in that short list I included is something you are totally down to support, then by all means vote for Romney. Actually, don't.

It's all those reasons and more I am voting for Romney.   For shit's sake can't you lazy liberal fucks stop depending on the government to support you and just take care of yourselves?  We can't afford to keep subsidizing all the not well off, welfare fraud, and illegals.  We need to stop expanding the government work force and reduce it.  We will soon run out of tax payers and then we turn into Greece.  This country will only improve when private industry improves.

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

For shit's sake can't you lazy liberal fucks stop depending on the government to support you and just take care of yourselves?  

You meant republican, right?

And really, those are reasons you ARE voting for romney? Environmental degredation? More dead troops and hostility abroad? Can't make up his mind on fucking anything? Reversing women's rights? Cutting education?

I don't understand why most republicans think that "we" provide for "them." If you got back money on your tax return last year, then you're part of that "47%" that romney was shitting on last month.

You aren't someone who makes over 250,000 per year. You will not be affected by any of these tax "burdens" that romney cries about. I'm trying to help...you're voting against your own interests simply because you don't want to be labeled as a bleeding heart faggot liberal, and I understand that. Please try to look past party lines and into the fucking trainwreck that people your age will be driving this country into when you vote for romney.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 01:48:33 PM »

2004 statistics? I'd love to see updated ones. No way Georgia is that low on the list anymore, gotta be higher up with getting more than giving.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 34 queries.