*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 01, 2024, 01:17:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: VA. Tech Shooting theory  (Read 13355 times)

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
VA. Tech Shooting theory
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »

This is a picture of Cho Seung-hui, a South Korean native who killed at least 33 people on April 16, 2007.

How is it a 23 y/o chink can do so much damage?

I have a theory. I am willing to bet that if you search his system you are going to find multiple FPS (First Person Shooter) games i.e. Counter-Strike, Battlefield, Quake. Also, it doesn't hurt that this guy looks like he was ridiculed on a daily basis. I live not too far from the area where the event took place and the amount of racism I suspect he endured was probably daily.

I wonder if he ever played on any of our servers? I would like to think we drove him to this point but we'll never know. :)

*MAFIA* [StimPH]

Re: VA. Tech Shooting theory
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:17 AM »

this thing only happens because fire-weapons are allowed in the u.s..  Never heard about things like this in country's where you aint allowed to have fire-weapons. Of course this guys must have been insane, but making this much damage in his own...
Lets make this an open discussion...  

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:06 AM »

US people see it as their right to have a gun, and they are allowed there. Though, its not only the fact that guns are allowed. Look at Canada, they have over 7 million guns, but they only have a few death by guns every year.
I think its the American aditude if you ask me.
Plus the media makes everything big. All you see in the US are niggers that get arrested and stuff like this makes the Americans think that all niggers are bad.

This is the info that I remember from an old documentairy that I saw a couple of months ago. I do not know how old it was though, but I think most of it is still true today.

Damn Americans.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:41:30 AM »

I blame T.v. and rap music for many of these deaths where they practically idolize Gangs saying shit like "gangs will make you look cool" almost like smoking cig's all over again this guy does not look like he falls into these categories but rather just a person on the edge of breaking and something drove him over the line.Guns do NOT kill people the people that handle them do.I have shot guns MANY times all different types from a 22 handgun up to a fully automatic ak and NEVER did the gun i was in control of jump out of my hands and shoot the person next to me.I think if you Want to buy a gun you should be able to buy a gun rather it be for protection or game.Thats why statements like this

this thing only happens because fire-weapons are allowed in the u.s..  Never heard about things like this in country's where you aint allowed to have fire-weapons

push on a nerve with me if the countries your talking about WERE ALLOWED to have guns,deaths would be significantly increased.I see what you are saying that and know what you are trying to say but if we were not allowed to have guns how would we protect ourselves from those that already do?I dont mean to sound like a dick and im sorry if i do,just caught a nerve.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 11:17:21 AM »

My guess is that he use to play Battlefield under the name "POP" - anyone remember him?

It was a sad day...people are out of control everywhere, it's not just 1 main reason, it is many different reasons which all lead to the same conclusion - people are sinful.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:19:56 AM »

I'm gonna blame this one on people's inability to really give a shit about our fellow man, and our inadequacy's in accepting other cultures.  This is what it comes down to and has no discourse to the RIGHTS that we as citizens of the United States have.  I'm sure it would be hard for Dutch to understand that one of the different rights anyone has is free will.  This is an awful thing that has happened, but since the US is so culturally diverse and we are still getting used to it unlike the Netherlands that are predominately white and specialize in the production of illicit drugs like ecstasy, cannabis, and other deterring drugs, this is a thing that is going to continue to happen.  The right to hold a gun is something that our fore-fathers have held and is a continued honor that everyone should be able to have.

Don't act like this is something that just happens in the US, look in the news and you will find murders, robberies, and all different types of injustice happening around the world.  It all comes down to intolerance and people not caring.  It's a sad thing but shut the fuck up about "Damn Americans" and stuff like that.  I'm tired of it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:22:01 AM by *MAFIA* HaVoK »

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »

Ha, ok so then why does America have over 11000 people killed every year by guns, and Canada almost has non?
I'm not saying its the guns, I'm saying its the attitude. I don't care if every American has an M4 carbine in his house or whatever he wants, but right now they are being manipulated WAY to much by the media.  Thats what should change.

Wait till its one of your kids that gets shot because someone sees it as their right to own a gun 'because they grandfathers did too'.

Maby start doing something against the racism and gang stuff on tv. Cause rasism and guns do not go together
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:15:47 PM by *MAFIA* Boemann (nl) »

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »

I don't think his motives could be attributed to racism, from what I've seen on tv from the moarners, the college seems to have a large asian population. College can turn some peoples world up side down though, if they have problems making friends they can get decreasingly allienated from the general college population and go a little strange. There was one dude when I was in college who used to talk to himself in front of the monitor in workshops apparently he never left his dorm bedroom apart from when he had lectures. He ending up dropping out after a year when he was virtually insane. I'll try not to generalise but from my experience asian parents have very high standards and expect their kids to succeed at all costs and dropping out would never be an option for a kid like that. Two of my friends from high school at seperate colleges had people in their dorms commit suicide. So crazy students are common place in colleges and its clear this student was insane. Then again I'm only speculating as to his motives but if students over here had guns availabe to them like you do, I'm sure we'd have a few shootings of our own.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 01:44:30 PM »

I wasn't so much commenting on your post with the guns as I was about StimPH's post Boemann.  I do think it's anyone's right to own a gun if they go through the LEGAL process of getting it, but otherwise I don't think it's right.  It's a form of protection and goes with out history and militia.

I agree that something should be done about racism and how all of these different things are publicized, but I believe that if anyone feels they need a gun for protection they should be able to have it.  Canada has a large number because if you think about it, they have a large population that hunts also.  Look at some stats on gun-related deaths in the US compared to the rest of the world and you will see that it is higher, but there are still numbers to other countries that are fairly high.  Check it: http://www.guncite.com/cnngunde.html

I do think that we have to look into who has these guns and not allow it, but I'm all for our right to hold.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 02:52:39 PM »

Ah, im not gonna type a lot of crap so flat out hes a gook, a minority. And i dont care if you snap or break or lose your cherry to the neighbors cat, no one that kills people are good. Anyone that is capable of murder no matter the reason is an evil person...

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »

Dont blame the US just cause we are better at everything than you... besides buttsex that is. i hear dutch are amazing at that.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »

Canada has the same amount of guns that the US has and Canadians have there doors wide open.

So what on earth do you need to protect yourself from? Against you self?

EDIT: Sorry about editing your post Boemann... I meant to quote it and I guess I pressed the wrong button.  I tried to put it back to the way it was.  Sorry.  :(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:04:08 AM by *MAFIA* HaVoK »

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »

So what on earth do you need to protect yourself from? Against you self?

lol u havent been to the states havent you..... there are plenty of people from whom you need to protect yourself.  life is not a fairyland like your dutchland, if you leave your door opened here, say goodbye to your valuables if you are gone and leave your doors opened, people break into damn cars just to steal ipods, mp3 players, phones, the lamest things

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 03:32:02 AM »

life is not a fairyland like your dutchland
How about life is not a Never Never Land like your Netherlands  ;D

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 05:41:26 AM »

So the world isn't made up of sunshine, pony's, and love? :( LOL

I would like to think the entire world is full of malicious individuals who are going to steal my shit if I leave it unchecked. I think Boe's scope of the world may be a bit narrow in terms of sociology but i've never been to the Netherlands so it could very well be free of crime. But, you do have to wonder... how is it free of crime? Could it be that in that area of the world what is considered illegal over here i.e. Harmful Narcotics, are legal over there?

You have to think of what would happen if the U.S. decided to one day legalize ever narcotic we have. Would the crime rate lower? Most likely because you wouldn't have drug fiends killing and stealing for another fix... The statistics of crime would drop to nothing. Does this make for a better society? I think not. Just because certain things are legalized by man doesn't make it right in my book. If crack in the united states was legal this doesn't mean that all of a sudden the quality of life rises along with it. You have the same amount of addicts and the same amount of crime.

You can say the same for Gun Control in the United States. You take away a mans firearm... he'll be less of an immediate danger, sure. Does this mean if another man, born in another part of the world, with the same problems is any less of a threat? I think not.

I am proud to be an American as i'm sure everyone else is proud of their own nationality as they should be.

I want to thank everybody for participating in this spirited discussion. Continue...

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.