*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:54:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Poll

Who do you want for the next President of the U.S.A.?

Barack Obama
- 9 (50%)
Mitt Romney
- 9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Election 2012  (Read 28197 times)

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Election 2012
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

If Mitt Romney wins, it will be over the issue of jobs; I saw that poll too Loaded, but it was before the last debate, since Mitt obviously stumbled when he was trying to go for the kill on Obama.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »

Ouch... http://www.gallup.com/poll/158048/romney-obama-among-likely-voters.aspx , if you trust polls.

All I got out of that page is that every graph/table was saying each candidate is 50% + or - 2%.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »

All I got out of that page is that every graph/table was saying each candidate is 50% + or - 2%.
That's because you haven't been following polls. Just a bit more then a month or so ago, BO was up in the polls so much it "was said" it was pointless for MR to keep going on.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

Lol @ anyone who says "Er ma gerd Romney makes too much money!" Since when did being successful become a demonizing trait? People who support Obama act like he struggles to pay rent. The fucker went to Harvard.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 07:05:19 PM »

Lol @ anyone who says "Er ma gerd Romney makes too much money!" Since when did being successful become a demonizing trait? People who support Obama act like he struggles to pay rent. The fucker went to Harvard.

No one is criticizing how much money he makes. People are criticizing the ways he makes that money. Do you know what he does to make the money he has? Please research everything he has done before you even reply to this post.

Also, the above statement is not defending Obama in any way. All politicians do dirty things to make more money; some just do it in worse ways than others.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »

No one is criticizing how much money he makes. People are criticizing the ways he makes that money. Do you know what he does to make the money he has? Please research everything he has done before you even reply to this post.

Also, the above statement is not defending Obama in any way. All politicians do dirty things to make more money; some just do it in worse ways than others.

I don't care if he made his money by winning a dead baby eating contest, politicians are all the same and if given the opportunity would do exactly as he did. Also, my statement was not defending Romney in any way.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »

After round 3, it seemed pretty even, maybe a slight edge to Obama...but he still maybe hasn't caught up from getting blown out after the 1st debate.  There was a lot of repetition from the first 2 debates.  May the best man win?!

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »

Quote from: Mitt Romney
“Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917,” said Romney. “The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We’re now at 285.”

Quote from: Barack Obama
“You mention the Navy, for example, and the fact that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916,” Obama said. “Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets.”
“We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them,” he added.

Quote from: Barack Obama
“This is not a game of battleship,” Obama said.

Looks like BO sank Romney's battleship.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 02:16:03 PM »

Looks like BO sank Romney's battleship.

Somehow I knew as soon as I heard that lame "horses & bayonets" line that it would be quoted on here. Seeing as this has to do with the Navy, lets see what Manowar has to say. What do you think? According to Obama, all we need are aircraft carriers and a submarines.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »

Seeing as this has to do with the Navy...what do you think?
We don't need a larger Navy. There are no naval threats anymore...and if a country did try to invade using ships, any combination of coastal defense/jets/submarines would take care of it. Come on, when was the last time a naval fleet set off to attack America?
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »

According to Obama, all we need are aircraft carriers and a submarines.

Well if go by your's and Romney's logic, your phone is not very powerful since it is smaller than what a phone from the 1980's would have been. We have better technology now, which reduces or combines things that previously needed to be bigger.

At the end of WW2, the US Navy had 6768 active vessels. We obviously must be so weak because that's a reduction of about 96% to current size. Do you really think we should be increasing this number?

Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno says the Army does not need more tanks, but Congress is insisting they do. There are a surplus of tanks that are not being used, but Congress and the defense contractors want more because it's about $3 billion that they would get.

Obama Was Right On Navy, Says Former Navy Secretary Richard Danzig

Quote from: Richard Danzig
"You don't measure efficacy by the number of ships. You measure it by your firepower, by the character of your people, the character of your equipment."

Quote from: Richard Danzig
"The basic point that didn't get mentioned, that I would add, is the number of ships actually went down during the years of George W. Bush and have gone up in the Obama years," Danzig said. "So the notion that Republicans are more effective in building the Navy is not a correct one."

Have you learned nothing in your school about the military industrial complex?

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »

After watching all those LetFreedomRing commercials and that website WhyMrPresident Why.com, I'm not voting for Romney. Nor am I voting for Obama. Doesn't really matter anyway, Americans can't think in long term change and the only way to get out of this "problem" the US is in is through long term plans. And the fact that Social issues are big in this race is disheartening.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »

The main reason I'm NOT voting for BO... Click me

"According to Forbes, 'Obama’s own fiscal 2013 budget ... shows federal spending increasing from $2.983 trillion in 2008 to an all time record $3.796 trillion in 2012, an increase of 27.3%' and, 'before Obama there had never been a deficit anywhere near $1 trillion.'”

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 05:53:39 PM »

So who is it going to be? Any predictions?

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »

Obama wins?  Will he survive?  Will we survive?  Good luck everybody!

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 34 queries.