*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 29, 2024, 10:29:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Terrorism  (Read 52701 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2006, 05:03:27 PM »

Quote from: GWAR 3:16
If you think so.  Where do you think your buying power is going to come from in 25 years when America manufactures hardly anything?  Perhaps you can get some table scraps from the rich elites who sold out the middle class in favor of cheap third world labor.

"Those things that people want" are largely manufactured overseas now.  So certainly, your 80 dollar shoes that cost 50 cents to make provided a job for an 11 year old Chinese kid that makes 5 cents an hour.  Is the circle of wealth getting huge or what?

even so, the big corperations still have american workers, of course they use third world parties to make their products, its comparable from $6.50 to $.05 and hour, which would you rather pay? If your saying that the corperations are soley making the money, well obviously id have to disagree, but i do agree that they are making the most of of what they do, obviously... but thats what makes America competitive. And the ones who are getting screwed are the lower American workers, but its their own fault fro not finishing high school, or not going to college, but someone i guess has to do their jobs.

GWAR 3:16

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2006, 06:31:51 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
even so, the big corperations still have american workers, of course they use third world parties to make their products, its comparable from $6.50 to $.05 and hour, which would you rather pay? If your saying that the corperations are soley making the money, well obviously id have to disagree, but i do agree that they are making the most of of what they do, obviously... but thats what makes America competitive. And the ones who are getting screwed are the lower American workers, but its their own fault fro not finishing high school, or not going to college, but someone i guess has to do their jobs.

If you think importing cheap, throwaway goods, moving jobs and operations overseas, and undercutting the middle class is what makes America competitive, you have a really poor understanding of economics, and what makes a country economically strong.

You obviously haven't spent much time in the real world if you think that the middle class is comprised of 'lower American workers,' and that its 'their fault' for not completing high school or going to college.  Some people enjoy working with their hands.  You yourself might give it some consideration, because I'm not sure what type of white collar job you envision for yourself at your literacy level.   I also see that you have blue collar confused with fast food workers, its a common problem among children of afluent parents.  It comes from thinking of people who labor for a living as 'those people.'

You seem to think that each class exists in a vacuum, when in reality they're all dependent on each other.  Destroy one, and the rest will follow.  In 25 years America will be a country much like Brazil, where the small rich minority gets richer and the huge mass of 'lower workers' learns to live with their lot in life.  

Paying third worlders to make goods doesn't decrease their cost, it simply increases the profit margin for the corporation.  If you had bothered to check inflation statistics for 50 years ago, when far, far fewer goods were imported and there were no supergiantmega stores with their super cool mind control advertising, and nearly all manufactured goods were manufactured domestically, you would see that buying power was far higher, and while people appeared to make less, they also had much more purchasing power for each given dollar.  So I would rather buy goods that are made by Americans, at American living wages, for apparently higher prices, because when taken as a whole it strengthens the economy and our standard of living.  In 1950 the average annual income was nearly 10,000, and you could buy a car that was made of steel, and would last 50 years for 2000 dollars.  In 2000 the average income was 42,000, and today you're hard pressed to find a car that will last 15 years, and contains large amounts of plastic and other cheap materials for 20,000 grand.  That means in 1950, you could buy a durable car for 1/5 your annual income.  Today, you can buy a piece of shit for 1/2 your annual income, which barely anyone can afford outright and end up financing it(usury), and unless its a ricer it probably won't go 15 years without a major mechanical malfunction(tranny/engine/diff).  

None of this even matters because in 50 years America will have Balkanized, I will be known as the Atomic Fuhrer of Alaska, China will be the dominant World power, and Europe will be largely Islamic.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2006, 07:19:06 PM »

GWAR you can thank the govt for all the plastics in cars.  1st off its lighter and therefore increases fuel economy.  2nd its easily recycled.  3rd it can be as strong as steel when prepared properly.  As a professional in cars from manufacture to destruction I think I know a little about this one.  Also the govt charges high terrifs to import goods so the money that is saved in wages is spent to import.  The money is saved because of taxes and property values.  You can't make any more land!!  If you think paying a Auto manufacturer $45.00 to sit on an assembly line is a reasonable thing than it will not be long before the US stops making automobiles.  You have to go back to school and think about supply and demand.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2006, 07:21:20 PM »

I always like to hear what gwar has to say cause its always against someone and its entertaining :)  But its also so easy to get rich in about 3 years of working your ass and saving up money to invest into other stuff.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

This is the thread that never ends...

iLLUSi0N

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2006, 04:33:28 AM »

Chuck Norris could end this thread.

[TBD] Admin/head

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.burningdawn.co.nr
Terrorism
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »

Quote from: GWAR 3:16
If you think importing cheap, throwaway goods, moving jobs and operations overseas, and undercutting the middle class is what makes America competitive, you have a really poor understanding of economics, and what makes a country economically strong.

You obviously haven't spent much time in the real world if you think that the middle class is comprised of 'lower American workers,' and that its 'their fault' for not completing high school or going to college.  Some people enjoy working with their hands.  You yourself might give it some consideration, because I'm not sure what type of white collar job you envision for yourself at your literacy level.   I also see that you have blue collar confused with fast food workers, its a common problem among children of afluent parents.  It comes from thinking of people who labor for a living as 'those people.'

You seem to think that each class exists in a vacuum, when in reality they're all dependent on each other.  Destroy one, and the rest will follow.  In 25 years America will be a country much like Brazil, where the small rich minority gets richer and the huge mass of 'lower workers' learns to live with their lot in life.  

Paying third worlders to make goods doesn't decrease their cost, it simply increases the profit margin for the corporation.  If you had bothered to check inflation statistics for 50 years ago, when far, far fewer goods were imported and there were no supergiantmega stores with their super cool mind control advertising, and nearly all manufactured goods were manufactured domestically, you would see that buying power was far higher, and while people appeared to make less, they also had much more purchasing power for each given dollar.  So I would rather buy goods that are made by Americans, at American living wages, for apparently higher prices, because when taken as a whole it strengthens the economy and our standard of living.  In 1950 the average annual income was nearly 10,000, and you could buy a car that was made of steel, and would last 50 years for 2000 dollars.  In 2000 the average income was 42,000, and today you're hard pressed to find a car that will last 15 years, and contains large amounts of plastic and other cheap materials for 20,000 grand.  That means in 1950, you could buy a durable car for 1/5 your annual income.  Today, you can buy a piece of shit for 1/2 your annual income, which barely anyone can afford outright and end up financing it(usury), and unless its a ricer it probably won't go 15 years without a major mechanical malfunction(tranny/engine/diff).  

None of this even matters because in 50 years America will have Balkanized, I will be known as the Atomic Fuhrer of Alaska, China will be the dominant World power, and Europe will be largely Islamic.

That will never happen to Europe :) I live in Rhineland, the goods their are mostly made in Germany. The chocolate is basicly not even exported.

Anyway about America turning into brazil, I agree. What your saying how the rich will get richer, as the poor get poorer.

It will happen to most countries when a period of about 2022-2050 when Mankind struggles to accumilate its recources correctly. When we do finnaly figure out what to do, it will either be to late, or that only few countries can afford the new form of recource. (As you can probably tell, I am talking about Oil)

It will happen in most of our lifetimes. The best you can do is sit back, relax, and await deportation.
Clans all ready!
6v6 clan match soon... against *MAFIA*
[IMG]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1718

iLLUSi0N

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2006, 10:43:10 AM »

What's wrong with being like Brazil? They're practically self sufficient AND they're not dependent on oil (when compared to other countries). Plus, that Chequita Banana lady is hott!

And don't give all the credit to China just yet. India is a comparable rising economic power and will be as much as a competing power as China will be. Plus, China won't be able to do shit until it privatizes its commanding industries. But when it does... look out! Haha =]

I'm not worried, though. It's not like America is going anywhere. If any tension breaks out between the US and China, we'll deal with them like we dealt with the Soviets: just be arrogant until they give up and disarm. Worked like a charm.

((I can see where this thread might go, so I'm going to put this out there:
Please don't say that China will invade the US. Yes, if they did, it would be devastating. But if you're prepared to say that this would happen, then you're looking at WWIII. The UN would separate and hell would break loose. It wouldn't be logical for China to do that.))

[TBD] Admin/head

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.burningdawn.co.nr
Terrorism
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »

Dont brazil use a oil type substance  from their crops?

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2006, 12:33:34 PM »

You can run riding lawnmowers on wild turkey

marine13

Terrorism
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2006, 12:39:11 PM »

okay i know some you dont know me or anything but i found this interesting now i know you ppl dont like when other NOOBS such as my self bitch and complain but My grandma died almost 4 days before this and she was actually being buried at 9:00 when the first tower was hit. Then when the plane crashed in PA we had to leave the funneral in fear of what might happen next. Now i believe although we lost like a total of 2000 US troops the war in IRAG was a good idea also the war in AFGAINISTAN but when you come down to it "FREEDOM ISNT FREE" its those brave men and women who fight and die that keep us here living when you turn around and call THEM TERRORIST THATS JUST PLAN COMMUNISM not to accuse but you know what i mean. So dont go well you attack them what do you expect thats just bullshit they attacked us first they PRACTICALLY made war for them self.

Also for another rebuttle wow big words. Okay going back to ww2 when the NAZI war machine took over poland and took all those other countrys if you say well we attacked them thats TERRISM well then millions of ppl JEWS WHITES POWS and many more ppl would have dided we probably wouldent be here so TO CALL THEM TERRORIST THATS JUST PLAN DISRESPECT TO THOSE MILLIONS OF ALLIED TROOPS THAT FOUGHT AND DIED TO LIBERATE EUROPE.

rest my case
ooooh 1 thing my teachers a marine and is going over to IRAG so that means you call him a terrorist to.

iLLUSi0N

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2006, 12:59:49 PM »

I haven't heard anything about that kind of oil usage, but what impressed me was that they've already switched to gasoline/ethanol powered cars by using FlexPower technology.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

Quote from: marine13
okay i know some you dont know me or anything but i found this interesting now i know you ppl dont like when other NOOBS such as my self bitch and complain but My grandma died almost 4 days before this and she was actually being buried at 9:00 when the first tower was hit. Then when the plane crashed in PA we had to leave the funneral in fear of what might happen next. Now i believe although we lost like a total of 2000 US troops the war in IRAG was a good idea also the war in AFGAINISTAN but when you come down to it "FREEDOM ISNT FREE" its those brave men and women who fight and die that keep us here living when you turn around and call THEM TERRORIST THATS JUST PLAN COMMUNISM not to accuse but you know what i mean. So dont go well you attack them what do you expect thats just bullshit they attacked us first they PRACTICALLY made war for them self.

Also for another rebuttle wow big words. Okay going back to ww2 when the NAZI war machine took over poland and took all those other countrys if you say well we attacked them thats TERRISM well then millions of ppl JEWS WHITES POWS and many more ppl would have dided we probably wouldent be here so TO CALL THEM TERRORIST THATS JUST PLAN DISRESPECT TO THOSE MILLIONS OF ALLIED TROOPS THAT FOUGHT AND DIED TO LIBERATE EUROPE.

rest my case
ooooh 1 thing my teachers a marine and is going over to IRAG so that means you call him a terrorist to.

First off, you're an illiterate piece of shit.

2nd off, Ira[SIZE="2"]Q[/SIZE], not Irag you dumb fuck... never attacked us.  Iraqi's didn't do anything to us.  I was all for going for the Taliban in Afghanistan, if they were truely the terrorists who attacked us, but Iraq was a discourse from our position.  We kind of just trailed off... and eventually transferred our troops from Bin Laden, to Saddam, just like that.  WE, INVADED Iraq.  You're saying they attacked us first?  On what circumstances?  Afghanistan, and Iraq, are countries.  The Taliban, is an Islamic extremist group, who we believe attacked us.  Afghanistan, and Iraq, never attacked us, they are just in the general location, of where the Taliban are.  When we invaded Iraq, we were not after the Taliban, we were after Saddam.

So, now that I've contradicted most of what you say, congrats, you're wrong, and you're a dumb fuck.
i'm joining doa;)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Terrorism
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »

Ok this is for all!  There is always a good side and a bad side, and each party or group has one, like the old cowboy movies, theres always that one good guy and then the so called "bad guys",  well ever thought that those bad guys were thinking that the so called good cowboy was bad?  This aspect also pretains to this subject, to us the iraqs are the so called bad guys, but dont you think to them we are the bad guys?  When it all ends, we are all guilty of this act.

marine13

Terrorism
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2006, 04:25:14 PM »

lol ya i know your right although the calling us terrorist is wrong but really when most of the hijackers came from SADI ARABI i think we should have attacked them cause well think about it. Were does all that money go from all that oil HMMMM.... i wonder so there is no way they are pocketing that so hm.... They must be handing some of it over to the crazy terrorist srry to dought you. But still the calling US terrorist is wrong.But we almost did have a reason to be in iraq the threat of nuclear/biological/mass destruction weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.